336 Total Views, 2 Views Today
‘A healthy mind resides in a healthy body’
Sports stimulate the physical and mental growth of a person. A person who regularly plays sports develops a healthy body, better body strength and better coordination. The physical benefits also include maintaining a healthy weight, preventing chronic diseases and learning the skills necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The enhancement of physical and mental development of students is certainly the most important contribution of sports. Sport increases self-esteem, mental alertness and it reduces stress and anxiety.
To shape individuals’ personality, health and fitness and to build character and discipline.
To develop confidence of being an individual with overall development and to become responsible citizen who will contribute to a just society.
1. To provide adequate sport facilities so that students choose and participate in the events of their interest.
2.To Encourage and recognize students with potential and provide coaching and training.
3.To produce dedicated and passionate sports persons, who will always show high morale and sportsmanship at all times.
4.To inculcate the value of time management, team spirit respect for authority and rules and the spirit of competition.
5.To develop positive character traits and to learn how to overcome obstacles and challenges in life.
Sacred Heart Degree College for Women understands the importance of sports and its vitality in the shaping of individuals personality and
1. Organizes health and wellness programmes regularly.
2. Conducts International Yoga day on 21st June every year and encourages students to practice Yoga.
3. Encourages students to participate in intercollegiate tournaments, various games and field activities.
4. Allocates Physical education classes inside the curriculum and provides platform to practice both indoor and outdoor games.
5. Conducts ‘SMASH’ an intercollegiate Throw ball tournament once in two years and Annual sports meet every year.
Comprises a lively Throw ball team and a Kabbadi team.