"In principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
The Library has developed an excellent collection of books, journals and non-book material in Commerce, Management, Humanities and Computer science. It maintains separate collections of Reference Books, Bound volumes of journals, Technical Reports, Video Cassettes, and Compact Discs.. The library is using OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue), wherein the users can search the Library Online Catalogue by Author's name, title, subject, and keywords available on the campus LAN.
Sacred Heart Degree College Library has Institutional Membership with British Library.
Week Days : 8.45 am. to 4.00 pm.
Saturdays : 8.45 am. to 12.00 pm.
|By WEBOPAC, users may search the status of a book even though internet access (24x7).
a) UG Reference Section
b) PG Reference Section
c) Research Journal Section.
d) e-Resource Centre
|Bar Code Services
|Library Services are maintained with barcode technology.
|Open Access Services
|Students can have access to the Book Section.
Computers are available in the library for OPAC services, library catalogues,
|Xerox facility is available in the Campus.
|Book Bank Facility
|Library provides book bank facility to economically backward class and SC/ST
|The above facilities and services are available for use whenever the library is open.
|CDs / DVD
- ID card should be carried to the library to access books.
- Library membership is given to students for one academic year.
- Library books will be issued between 10.00 am to 4.00 pm,
- Two books can be borrowed at a time for 8 days after which 2 renewals can be permitted.
- In the event of not returning the books on time, a fine of Rs.5/- per day per book will be collected.
- Personnel books and files are not to be taken inside the library.
- Books should be returned in the same condition in which they are borrowed.
- Reference books are not for circulation.
- Sign in the register when you enter the library.
- Do not make any mark with pen/pencil in the book.
- Do not fold /tear the pages.
- The books taken from the shelves for reference must be left on the table and not to be kept on the shelves.
- Renewal of books is not allowed during exams.
- Students can refer the reference book in the library during library hours by submitting ID card,
- They have to return the book on the same day.
- For book damage, fine will be charged 100 % of the book cost.
- In case of book loss, students have to replace the book of the same author and latest edition or will have to pay book mentioned price.
- In case of loss of library borrower card, students have to fill the fresh application for getting new borrower card
- Books should be returned the librarian only.
- Complete discipline and silence is to be maintained during library.
- Library Premises are under CCTV surveillances.
The following e-resources may be accessed by both the staff and the students of Sacred Heart Degree College with a Username and Password. If you do not have one, kindly approach the Library Office.
Information and Library Network (INFLIBNET) Centre is an autonomous Inter-University Centre of the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India. It was initiated by the UGC in March 1991 as a project under the IUCAA and became an independent Inter-University Centre in June 1996. It provides links to J-Stor, Shodh-ganga and many other e-resources.
Ministry of Human Resource Development under its National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology has initiated the National Digital Library (NDL) pilot project to develop a framework of virtual repository of learning resources with a single-window search facility. It is being developed to help students to prepare for entrance and competitive examination, to enable people to learn and prepare from best practices from all over the world and to facilitate researchers to perform inter-linked exploration from multiple sources.